Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First 2012 Track Day Complete

The SV performed well.  No issues at all.  Worked very hard on my racing line and started picking up on braking and turn-in points.  I was intimidated by MSRH at first knowing that it would have higher track speeds than I was used to at the other track I ran at last year.  However after working on my lines I felt very comfortable.  The instructor for my groups even asked after the second session if I had been there before because my lines looked good.

Anyway, it felt good to get back on the SV and I fell into the groove pretty quickly.  After lunch I decided to only run 3 of the 4 afternoon sessions so that I didn’t get too tired.  That was a good choice.  On the third run I felt smoother and more relaxed than any other session and was trusting the motorcycle more and more.  Even though it felt like my lap times were several seconds quicker I didn’t tire out as quickly.  So apparently smooth and steady are as beneficial to the rider as it is for the motorcycle!

The next available track day is April 29, but I’m not sure if I will be able to ride in that one.  I’ll have to see how my schedule works out.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was a success and the SV is back at the track. If you know ahead of time your doing the 29th let me know and I'll try to make it out. Finally back on two wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 29th is also the motohouston.com bbq hosted by Fastline at MSRH. So even if I don't ride, I'll at least try to go down for a few hours. Jim also mentioned riding Harris Hill I think on that same day. I KNOW I can't do that one since I don't have time to drive there and back. But you may want to ping him if you want to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete