Saturday, January 19, 2013

520 Chain - First test ride

First test ride on the SV650 with the 520 chain and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket. Everything looks good and sounds clean. But HOLY COW... standing start, engine barely up to temps, cold rear tire...up on the tank as far as I could get, head over the front tire, rev to 5000, smoothly but quickly let off the clutch while feeding more throttle (quick turn throttle now, remember), and ....LAUNCH! Front tire is instantly skimming the pavement and the bike takes off like never before. I never even got to full throttle so I could keep the front down before I had to let off since I'm on a residential street with cars and a slight curve.

Now to go put those 4-piston front calipers on. This track season is gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment