Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rear Captured Spacers in Place

I finally got back out to the garage today and made a little progress on the SV.  I got the captured wheel spacers in place on the rear wheel and sprocket drum.  Then I attached the new Superlite RS7 520 rear sprocket from SuperSprox to the drum and put it all back on the swimgarm.  The new chain isn't in place yet so I haven't tightened everything up yet, but at least its up off the floor again.

I started working on installing the new front sprocket but that's all just finger tight for now too. I needed some blue loctite but either I'm out of have misplaced it because all I could find was my tube of red.  I don't want to put something that strong on it since I may want to swap it out quickly at the track in the future.  I'll stop by the store in the next day or 2 and get a new tube of blue.  After I get that installed and torqued down I can put the new chain on.  Then maybe a short test ride up and down the street before tearing into the front brake calipers to start that upgrade.


No comments:

Post a Comment