Friday, January 28, 2011

3M Protective Headlight film is on

  • 3M headlight film - done

3M film was pretty easy, less than 5 minutes for each side.  No multiple curves on the lenses like the VFR.  That one was a pain to do.  And I put gas in it for the first time.  Had 102 miles on the tank and it held 1.88 gallons for about 54 mpg.  I dumped in some SeaFoam and B12 to help clean stuff up since I didn't know how long the original gas had been in it. 

I also finally had an extra key made as it only had 1.  Tried an Ace Hardware but their Suzuki key wasn't long enough.  It would open the tail, but not turn the ignition.  A locksmith about 2 streets down made one in about 60 seconds and it worked perfectly. 

While running errands I did about 25 miles today and took a couple of 90-degree curves labeled "15 mph".  30 mph entry and 35 mph exit were light and easy, even with only 40 miles on the BT-016 Bridgestones.  Going from the VFR to the SV is like trading a butcher knife for a scalpel.  Now if I could only get it out for a real ride outside of town.  The temps are fine in the Houston area but it seems it rains every time I'm free and I want dry roads while I'm learning how this new machine handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment