Sunday, January 30, 2011

Non-productive weekend

Saturday was jam-packed with family activities so I figured I would do some work in the garage on Sunday while it rained.  I slept until after 9:30 then after taking care of a couple of things we headed out to lunch.  Then on the way back we went to visit a friend who was having an open house for a customer.  By the time we got back it was after 3pm so I good part of the day was gone already. 

I figured I still had time to flush the coolant and maybe put on my techspec tank grips.  However, it wasn’t quite as warm as it needed to be.  It should be 80 and it was only 70 in the garage so I grabbed an old hair dryer to heat up the sides of the tank.  But the tank is full of gas so I was fighting a losing battle with a tank full of 4.5 gallons of cold fuel.  I was able to heat up the rear of the tank enough though to put the part on that protects it from snaps, zippers, and buckles.  Plus it was a single curve instead of the triple compound curve on the sides of the tank and would be easier to match the curves and stick.  So I got that attached and it’s already past 4pm.  Well, I have something to go to at 6 tonight and I still hadn’t watched any of the Rolex Sports Car Series at the 24 hours of Daytona that I had recorded so I decided to stop right there and just go relax. 

The rain that was forecast for almost all day stopped shortly after lunch and the sun started to come out, so I just left the SV outside.  I’ll ride it to the 10 West meeting tonight to put a few more miles in the saddle.  It looks like another warmer day tomorrow, so maybe I’ll even ride it to work even though that means carrying my computer in a backpack.  I’ll decide in the morning.  The luggage on the VFR may just look too easy to pass up.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  I’m watching racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment