Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Good Surprise

I got a good surprise today.  I received my Motorcycle Owner’s Manual (MOM) and the service manual as expected.  I took a minute to flip through the MOM and saw that there was a section called Tool Kit.  Well, wouldn’t you know it… There was a tool kit hidden on the bike! 

There was a rectangular section kind of below and behind the battery down in the sub-frame.  I had seen it before just figured it was part of the battery section where the fuses and other electronics came together.  After seeing it in the MOM, I saw there there was a little pull knob that I hadn’t see before because it was behind the frame.  I pulled on it and a little door popped off and I could see a small bag filling the compartment.  I pulled the bag out and there was a full tool kit!  There was the spanner that I was needing to adjust the rear shock pre-load, and all sorts of other stuff like hex wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, metric wrenches, and a spark plug wrench.  Jackpot.  Honda quit putting full tool kits in their bikes in 2006 so I wasn’t even thinking about finding a whole kit in the Suzuki either. 

Now to see if I can get it all crammed back into that little storage compartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment